GROUP OF DIVISIONAL CHARTS:
The Varga Charts are clustered in separate groups for the purpose of specific predictions, such as Shadvarga, Saptha Varga, Dasa Varga, Shodasa Varga, and Ashtanga Varga.
Shadvarga is a group used in prasahna including the following six divisions, Rasi, Hora, Drekkana, Navamsa, Dwadasamsa and Trimamsa.
Dasavarga is used universally including the following divisions: Rasi, Hora, Drekkana,
Sapthamsa, Navamsa, Dasamsa, Dwadasamsa, Shodasamsa, Trimsamsa, and Sashtiamsa.
Adapted from Shodasa Varga by Sage Parasara and followed by Predictive Astrology include the following divisions: Rasi, Hora, Drekkana, Sapthamsa, Navamsa, Dasamsa, Dwadasamsa, Shodasamsa, Vimsamsa, Chaturvimsamsa, Nakshathramsa, Trimsamsa and Sashti.
Originally, the Shodasa Varga group was reserved for Royal Horoscopes and it has now become the universally adapted model. According to Mr. Krishnakumar, in his book ‘Secrets of Vargas’ explains general rules for analyzing horoscopes with divisional charts.
1. Significator plays an important role in the particular field of life represented by each Varga.
2. If lagnadhipathi, Vargathipathi, and signification are well placed by the house, good results will be shown in the area of a life controlled by the specific Varga. For example, Aries ascendant native, having Libra as Ascendant in D 7 chart has Jupiter as its significator, if all three planets namely Mars – the natal lord, Venus the D7 lord, Jupiter the significator of D7 chart are placed in angles or trine houses in the D 7 charts, the person would be extremely lucky in case of children.
3. The placement of planets in houses 1,4,5,7,9,10 and 11 in the Vargas give auspicious results. .Planets in the 2nd house are good for the money.
4. Planets in 3,6,8 and 12 or associated with these Lords in Varga Charts cause bad effects around the matters controlled by the Varga chart. As always there are exceptions. Saturn in 8th, Mars in 5th, and Venus in 12th always give good results.
5. The Lords of the Drusthanas (6,8,12) fall in the other drusthanas bring good results later in life.
6.The malefic planet of both natal and divisional charts placed in, 3,6,10 and 11 help the native to make progress in life.
7.Planets that are weak in the natal chart but strong in Varga Chart, increase in strength. But, planets that are strong in the natal chart, weak in Varga Chart, decreasing in strength.
8. Any planet occupying its own house, exaltation, and Moolathirikona are strong and also give good results.
9. A planet occupying 6,8 and 12 houses gives bad results.
10. A planet debilitated, combust, or sharing a house with an enemy planet or occupying an enemy sign in a Varga will give poor results.
11.planets in Vargas become vargothamam if placed in the same sign in the Varga chart as in the natal chart. Vargottama planets always give good results.
12.When Jupiter aspects or associates if a planet in an evil house of Varga gives the reduced or nullify the bad effects of the malefic planet.
13. The position of the Athma Karaka in each Varga shows lesions of spirituality in that area of life.
14. If the Dasa lord is either weak or fitting in an evil house, problems and obstructions around the matters ruled by the Varga will occur.
15. Lords of the main and sub-period should not be in a sixth/eighth or 2 / 12 position. If this occurred in a horoscope one can expect bad results.
16. The Ascendant Lord of any Divisional Chart will give good results unless it is placed in the 8th house of the natal chart or D9 chart…
Author: Bharathi Ram
Previous: Divisional Charts And Its Purpose
Astro-Visionpresents theBest Jyotish Software for Prasna, Muhurtha, and Panchanga Predictions.