From 6°-40′ to 20°-00′ of Aquarius lay Satabhisha Nakshatra, which is known for its “Bheshaja (medicinal or healing)” power. Since this Nakshatra is a mutable Nakshatra, people born to this Nakshatra are capable of changing their opinions or views according to the situations they belong to. Primarily this Nakshatra is represented by a circle, which represents the life cycle. The planet ruling this Nakshatra is Rahu and people in this Nakshatra are very much interested in science and technology.
The star Aquarii bears the Arab name ‘Sadal Melik’ which means ‘fortunate star for the king’. Aquarii was known to the Arabs. ‘Sadal Suud’ means the luckiest of the lucky. The star in this region appears to have been in great favor with the early astrologers.
Aquarius is depicted as a young man pouring water (or alternatively, nectar) from an amphora into the mouth of the Southern Fish, represented by the constellation Piscis Austrinus.
Aquarius is usually associated with Ganymede, the son of King Tros, in Greek mythology. Ganymede was a beautiful Trojan youth who caught Zeus’ eye, which prompted the god to disguise himself as an eagle (represented by the constellation Aquila) and carry him off to Olympus to serve as cup-bearer to the gods. In a different story, the constellation represents Deucalion, son of Prometheus, who survived the great flood along with his wife Pyrrha.
In Babylonian mythology, Aquarius is identified as GU.LA (the great one), the god Ea himself and, in Egyptian tales, the constellation was said to represent the god of the Nile.
Results of planets in Satabhisha
- Sun in Satabhisha can make you harsh, determined, hardworking and helpful.
- When Mars in Satabhisha, you may have bad friends, you may find it difficult to keep a promise, you have to be very careful in business, people may call you short-tempered, and you may have to work hard for comforts.
- Mercury in Satabhisha can make you a Government servant and give you, good position, interest in various sciences/Sastras, Yogas for wealth after 30 years of age.
- Jupiter in Satabhisha can give you success in the latter half of your life, government job, good education, happiness, amiability and, familial comforts.
- Venus in Satabhisha can give you a good life, make you attractive, good-natured and you may have to be careful about, bad associations from childhood.
- Saturn in Satabhisha indicates wealth, comforts, amiable, tough speech, diplomatic nature, away from hometown, family comforts and you may have to be very ethical.
- Rahu in Satabhisha may give you interest in illegal deeds can make you hard-hearted, selfish nature can give you a good position, and leadership of a village of a town.
- Ketu in Satabhisha gives a mixture of good and bad results, thefts, and you may have to be careful about your friend circles.
Ascendant in Satabhisha:
Interest in mysticism and astrology, service-oriented, quiet, honest, philosophical nature, political interests, travel for educational purposes, intelligent, trouble with alcohol, deception.
Moon in Satabhisha:
Truthful, principled, charitable, writing skill, excellent memory, interest in astrology, psychology, daring, adamant, bold nature, defeats enemies, opinionated, independent, artistic nature. The moon in Satabhisha indicates a person who is a good healer or doctor, and who is mystical, meditative, philosophical, scientific and visionary. However, they can also be secretive, reclusive, moody, depressed, opinionated and stubborn; and suffer setbacks in relationships and marriage as a result. The moon in Satabhisha indicates a person who is a good healer or doctor, and who is mystical, meditative, philosophical, scientific and a visionary. However, they can also be secretive, reclusive, moody, depressed, opinionated and stubborn; and suffer setbacks in relationships and marriage as a result.
The Sun in Satabhisha: Good intelligence, creative genius, hard working, humanitarian concern, writing ability, philosophical nature, needs external encouragement, sickly
Electricians; radar and X-ray experts; technologists; astronauts; chemotherapists; pilots; radio operators; space researchers; martial artists; people working in the film and television industry; fiction writers; photographers; herbalists; pimps & prostitutes; drug dealers, pharmaceutical workers; alcohol makers and distributors; sea faring professions; production of plastics; explorers, hunters; meditation gurus; puzzle experts; Zen experts; motorists; detectives.
Previous: Decoding the Nakshatras