In Vedic Astrology one of the promising yoga is Gajakesari Yoga. This yoga is formed in the birth-chart when Jupiter occupies a Kendra from the moon, i.e., 1, 4, 7,10th house from the Moon.
Jupiter is the planet of wealth, fame, knowledge, luck and children while Moon is the planet of softness, happiness, heart, and prosperity.
Gaja+Kesari, the two words make Gajakesari. One born in this yoga is wealthy, famous, learned, virtuous and honored like a King. He will have the ability to come out successfully in all his ventures. He can dominate his enemies, and occupies his place like a King. A person with Gajakesari yoga will have influence over others. This person is smart and clever, he plans his task beforehand.
- This is an important yoga and it occurs frequently in horoscopes,
- The yoga fructifies only if Jupiter and Moon are not combust or debilitated, and not placed in a weaker house.
- The exact nature of the yoga, and the extent to which it yields results will depend upon such factors as:-
- Exaltation or debilitation i.e., strength or weakness of both Jupiter and Moon.
- Placement of Jupiter in the first, fourth, seventh or tenth house from the Moon,
- The house occupied by Jupiter and moon when reckoned from the lagna,
- The signs or rasi in which the two planets are located,
- The dasa pattern
Previous – Pancha-Maha-Purusha Yogas
Next – Anapha Yoga